Sunday, November 16, 2014

The tough guy sitting behind a computer screen

Heylo everyone, how have you all been?
I'm going to write a short blog post about something that was stuck in my head for a while. I haven't thought it through, but I'm just going to go with the flow. Also, its 3am here, and I don't wanna stay up all night.
So, we all know that the internet can be a harsh place, and that's not new at all. But, why is that?...Because people feel like they can safely hurl abuses or insult other people when they're sitting in the comfort of their homes, behind a computer screen. And why not? It's not like they're in any imminent physical danger. Especially when you're insulting people on an international scale. It's not like people are going to travel 2000 miles to assault you physically because you called them a cunt. So, yeah, that might give you that extra fake courage to be a tough guy on the internet...when in reality, it's a whole other story! You're not going to call somebody a cunt that easily in reality, or you could get your ass whupped.
Don't get me wrong, I'm not condemning the fact the internet has given us so much freedom. Hell, it's a lot easier blogging your thoughts out on the internet than talking about them to people in reality. So, in a sense, even blogging gives you a form of outlet that you may not get in reality.
But the fact remains, that you become only a fake tough guy when you're sitting behind a computer screen. And the reality of it all is that you're not doing anything tough, you're just running your fingers through a keyboard in front of you and watching words appear on your screen as you hit them keys.
Makes me wonder, how much hate and trolling the famous people have to go through. When in reality, no one really has the audacity to hurl abuses at these people, they way they do on the internet.
What I'm trying to say is that even though you have all the freedom on the internet to say and do whatever you want, I'd strongly recommend that you try your best to mimic your real life on the internet. In the sense that, you speak and behave on the internet exactly the way you would in reality. Don't fake yourself in the virtual world, try your best to be your genuine self even on the internet. You will feel a lot more connected and satisfied with the benefits of the internet that way. That's just my small piece of advice for you, you can take it or leave it, that's something I can't control.
I think I have more to say about this topic, but sadly, its 3.30am here, and I think I'm losing my brain power right now, haha. So I'll see you folks later. Take care of yourselves, take care of each other, I'm outta here.

No comments:

Post a Comment