Monday, March 10, 2014

Parenting and Stuff (Stupid Stupid Stupid)

      How you doin' y'all! Two blog posts in two days! This is crazy shit, ain't it.
So how's it going everyone? I have a fracture on my toe and things are moving a bit too slowly lately.
      So I was watching a bunch of videos on YouTube now, and I read a bunch of comments posted on each video. There's something that alarmed me a little. A lot of the people posting comments are kids! Who belong to ages around 8 to 14! Jesus fuckin' Christ! If I know something about YouTube, its that the commenting community there is the most brutal community on the planet. So parents, please please please, make sure that your kids aren't online watching or posting YouTube videos. Not until they're old enough. So, this made me think a little. What are some of the things that parents should be concerned about today. Also, made me realize that when we become parents (assuming you're not one yet), a world of hell awaits us. (Sometimes I think I'm going to better off without kids. We'll have to wait and see what happens). So parents or parents to be, check this out.
  • Don't introduce YouTube to your kids at a very early age. And in case they already know, make sure there's a content monitoring feature loaded up.
  • Talk to your kids about sex, when the time is right. Be gentle about it. Or make attempts to fix things if your kid already stumbled upon sex through the internet or something.
  • Explain puberty and make your kids feel comfortable about it during the phase. Again, be gentle about it.
  • Help your kids do new things, develop hobbies, read good books, practice some of arts and crafts, and things like that.
  • Don't buy your kid a smartphone or a hi-tech gadget at a young age. That'll ruin the kid's communication pretty early on. He / she might end up loving the phone more than he / she loves you.
  • Keep a content monitoring feature on every device at home.
     Ok I'm done. The problem is that, I realize that these measures may strangle the kid's freedom. I obviously don't intend to do that. But, then again, parents run the risk of getting their kids scarred for life at a very early age. Well, at the very least, I think the parents need to be aware of what's happening in their kids' lives, even if they can't stop certain things from happening. At the end of the day, I think that if you want to be a good parent, you just have to be there for your kid, no matter what. 
    I think I'll end this here. That was probably just a random rant post that made you wanna throw a pumpkin at me (laughs). Sorry about that. Just felt like typing this rubbish before I forgot all about it. Anyway, night folks. I'm outta here!

No comments:

Post a Comment