Friday, March 14, 2014

My attempt at writing a poem like thing

-----------------------------

I am an ant,
I am a fool;
I toil endlessly,
I pursue aimlessly.

I am no fay,
I am taught to slay;
A mere mortal,
drowned in battle.

I spawn a spiral,
A cycle unfathomably eternal.
A spiral is infinite,
A dream has no limit.

The curse of mortality,
bestowed upon me;
The inevitability of death,
upon my last breath.

Am I the beginning,
or am I the end?
The line is thinning,
between enemy and friend.

Who am I?
Am I you,
or am I me?
I am you,
and I am me.
I am the being called human.

-----------------------------
A rough meaning of the lines:

Para 1 -
Being born as a human, you are destined to work, and achieve something in life. But since we are unaware of the ultimate goal for humanity, we work without aim.

Para 2 -
I am not a fairy or an angel. I am an ordinary mortal. I fight with my own kind, and I am taught to be merciless and unforgiving. I am taught to beat everyone, to achieve superiority, rather than work in coherence.

Para 3 -
I breed and procreate. My offspring breeds and spawns new offspring. The cycle is endless, just like a spiral. The metaphor extends to hint that a dream has no boundaries.

Para 4 -
The day I'm born as a human, I am destined to work hard, to make a statement, to achieve something, before I am finally laid to rest. This is my fate, whether I like it or not.

Para 5 -
The birth of mankind: Was it the beginning of something new and extraordinary, or was it the beginning of the end of the world? Over time, we move into a world where we would rather fight someone rather than admitting to our mistakes, and in the process breed hatred and destroy harmony.

Para 6-
Who is the creature that the lines talk of? It is the species that you and I belong to, the human race. I am like you in the sense that we are human, but I am not like you because you and I have distinct features that make us different.

So that was it. My attempt at writing something pretty fucking deep, without being biased. I hope you liked it. If not, that's alright. You'll find something else on the internet that you might like.
Phew, that was heavy. Now, time to switch to something stupid, silly and light. Twerking, jerking, eyebrow hair, squirrel fur, cat crap, sea-lion whiskers, yelling for no reason, laughing at nothing, goats and goatees and goats with goatees (go tease? go teas?).
Have a good day / night everybody! I'm outta here.

No comments:

Post a Comment