Wednesday, September 3, 2014

Charities are not Businesses Motherfuckers! Charities are Charities!

Right off the bat, I want to tell y'all that this is sort of a rage post!
So here's something that bothers me. Two big organizations, working for a good cause and a better tomorrow (don't want to get into trouble by mentioning their names. Hint: One starts with a pro, and the other involves something we drink a lot), turned down valuable money donated by people!! Are you fucking kidding me!! Don't make this about the money assholes, its about helping people out! You started the whole organization to bring better livelihood to people who need it and to work for a better, more healthier and happier tomorrow. Well, I guess I was wrong.
So let me explain. Sept 1 2014 marks the day when a plethora of nude images and videos of over 20 celebrities leaked over the internet. The event was given the name 'The Fappening' (fap + happening. Get it?). Quite clever I thought. So, during the course of the fappening, millions of people got together on big forums on the internet, eager to get their hands on the said leaked images...because hey, why not huh. And in the process, some of them just decided that, during the course of this gigantic online event of erotic image exchange, they'll donate some of their own money toward a good cause. And it happened. They donated 1000s of dollars toward a cancer foundation. And guess what? The cancer foundation turned down all of it! Apparently because the money was tainted! Are you fucking kidding me, like fuck, what the fuck, jesus fucking christ! There are people with cancer/cancer experience out there, who know that every penny counts for a big research opportunity, and the organization turns down 1000s of dollars worth of donation! Oh my fuckin god. Yes, the celebs' privates are no more private, and its not cool that their privacy was breached. But boo-fuckin-hoo, that's not a core problem! Heck, its not even a problem... Ah, fuck this. I'm too tired to rant about that.
So, these guys - the donors, are obviously appalled. And they decide to donate to an organization that might actually accept their donations without complaining that the money was tainted. So they decide to donate to another big organization (the thing we drink a lot organization). And hours later...the donations are turned down by these guys too! Ohh ffffuuuck! I think  its quite clear that I'm pissed off with the way the world functions today. I can't wrap my head around it, honestly. Celebs' nude pictures cause charities to turn down money... Well, that's just fantastic.
So, a few pointers from yours truly. If you're a charity working toward a noble cause, then be a charity and nothing else. Do not give a fuck about anything else. Focus all your energy on working toward the cause. Give 0 fucks about other superficial crap that happens around world. If you're worried about the charity working as a profitable business, then you're not a fucking charity, you're a fucking phony. At best, you're just another business.
I'm ending this here. Terribly sorry that I came across as rude and mean and impulsive. I hate doing that. I know that the world's a good place...generally...I guess. I'm not sure, at this point. Haha. I'll see you soon, folks. Ciao. 

 


No comments:

Post a Comment